What We are Doing to Combat COVID-19
How We are Keeping Our Dealerships Safe
Safety is our No. 1 concern. As a company guided by a set of core values, we believe that teamwork and integrity will get us through the challenge of keeping our dealerships safe for our employees and you.
- We are asking our sales and finance teams to ensure social distancing when with customers. Closings and interviews currently may be done in a more open environment.
- Orange tape will be put on the floor at the service counters and parts checkout in 6-foot increments. This will designate social distancing space for customers and also a safe distance between the customer and the Campers Inn employee.
- Service and/or Parts personnel will wipe down the credit card machines after each use.
- For the first 20 minutes of every day, employees will be focused on disinfecting the dealership, including door handles, countertops, commonly touched items, pens, etc.
- Employees will break each hour to wash their hands following the CDC hygiene recommendations, including soap, hot water.
- If we have reason to believe that a person has visited the dealership with COVID-19, the dealership will immediately cease operations to disinfect all surfaces and commonly touched items before reopening.
- No handshaking.
- No non-essential work-related travel.